Foot orthotics are devices that fit inside your shoes to help correct foot biomechanics. They support the foot and prevent injury.
Why would you need orthotics?
What do we do?
- Biomechanical problems affecting the feet increase stress in the foot structures and the surrounding soft tissues
- This can create local pain in the foot, ankle and also problems in the lower limbs, knees, hips and back.
- At Orthopro, we provide a full assessment of the way you walk
- We understand that the underlying problem may not be where you feel pain
- We assess posture, pelvic alignment, leg lengths, muscle strength etc before prescribing an orthotic
- An off-the-shelf orthotic from our range might be appropriate
- We manufacture custom-made orthotics, guaranteeing continuity of care, a perfect fit and adjustment service
- If we feel that your problem is not caused by your foot position or poor biomechanics, we will not prescribe you any foot orthotics.
Find out more about lower limb orthotics