Lower Limb Orthotics
Lower limb orthotic bracing supports the hip, knee, ankle and foot.
Why would you need a lower limb orthotic?
What do we do?
- post-operative healing
- trauma or stroke
- sport related injury
- muscular/skeletal and neurological disorders
- osteo and rheumatoid arthritis
Examples of Lower limb orthotics are listed below.
- Orthopro has extensive experience with many types of lower limb problems such as; drop foot, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, polio, arthritis and other conditions.
- We pride ourselves in using some of the most advanced Orthotic designs to provide our clients with fit-for-purpose Orthotics
- Following a comprehensive assessment of the client's requirements, measurements and/or a cast is taken.
- An off the shelf item may be appropriate, if not we will custom design and fit.
- We make conventional, and light weight carbon/glass fibre orthotics in house.
- Orthopro can do fittings and adjustments quickly while you wait.
The Urethane Ankle Foot Orthosis (UAFO)
UAFO is a flexible urethane device that envelopes the foot to prevent
foot drop during walking. It has been successfully used in the treatment
of clients with: Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Popliteal and Sciatic nerve
injuries, incomplete spinal injuries, Polio and children with low tone
Cerebral Palsy. The UAFO has had excellent results in the treatment of
gait problems associated with CMT (Charcot Marie Tooth) and other
Peripheral Motor Neuropathy diseases.
UAFO is individually made to a plaster cast model of the patient's foot
to ensure the best possible fit. The Orthosis can then be manufactured
with the choice of either straps or lace up and a skin or colour
choice. The device can be worn with or without socks in a normal shoe.
The urethane is non-permeable; therefore it can be used in the shower or